Friday 29 February 2008

The Glowing Recommendation: Victoria's Secret Foldover Yoga Pants

Two recommendations in one week? I know, I know. I'm just too good to you.

So since I spend the majority of my work days in the casa, running around after two kiddies and rarely making the acquaintance of anyone other than preschool teachers, it's a safe bet that I'm generally a) never wearing makeup and b) barely dressed. Of course, for those occasions where I do need to leave the house, I can't very well do it in pink striped pajama pants. And there's some days when even jeans seems like more effort than I want to put in. I hate big bulky sweatpants but looooove stretchy yoga pants. This winter, 2 out of my 3 old pairs got holes in the bum, so I had to replace them. After much searching, I can HIGHLY recommend the following pants to you:



You can find the foldover yoga pants here and there is a cropped version here if that's what floats your boat. The material is thick for stretch pants - definitely very durable. The waistband also does not stretch out - I've heard that this frequently happens with other foldover pants.

They come in small, medium, and long lengths, which I love because frequently my sweats end up hovering way above my ankle after a few washings. They are perfect because the foldover means that the waistband does not bisect your sides, and they are super slimming and make your legs look about seven miles long. Also, since they don't need a drawstring, they are fitted, so you won't have that awkward too-big pants that hang loose and awkwardly low.

The color combos are SO cute... I managed to pick up a lot of the discontinued colors for $14 a pair during the clearance - midnight blue pants with fuschia foldover, grey pants with flame foldover, grey pants with lime foldover, and black pants with gold foldover. But even regular price they are only $29 and every so often VS will do the 2 for $50 thing. The current color combos are awesome too - I got the black with cherry foldover and also the black with black foldover which I have officially dubbed my new travelling pants. Mark my words, I will be cozied up in these for my transatlantic flight back to the States later this summer. Also, clearly, I have issues when it comes to becoming addicted to things and going overboard with them.

The bottom line is... buy them. Sleep in them. Wear them around town. Wear them to work out for all I care (but seriously, they're so comfy that you would probably just skip your workout). Just do yourself a favor and get some!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooooo. I need another pair of pants to lounge in as I realized earlier today that my one pair of Valpo pants I've worn so much that a multitude of holes are popping up in the general crotchal region, and my other pair of sweatpants are covered in neon green Chilean paint...

Yet another reason why you're my hero. As if I needed another.